Enter into a Mum’s world and you will realize what all she has to go through. Deciding for her children’s lunch box is one of the task she has to face. Here, presenting three such recipe’s which kids would love and are easy to make.
1. Cheesy Capsicum Macaroni – Lunch Box Recipe
Cheesy Capsicum Macaroni is a recipe that is simple and tastes absolutely yummy.
1 cup macaroni, 1 medium size capsicum, 1 chopped onion, oil as required, 5-6 cloves garlic, 1 finely chopped tomato, 2 tbsp tomato ketchup, 2 tbsp red pasta sauce, 1 tbsp soy sauce, salt to taste, 2 tablespoon fresh coriander, cheese spread.
1. Boil macaroni in a saucepan. Once cooked, drain the water from the macaroni.
2. Add 2 teaspoon oil and mix the macaroni well.
3. Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Add garlic and saute well.
4. Add chopped onion, saute it for 2 minutes.
5. Add red pasta sauce, tomato ketchup, and capsicum cubes and 2 spoons of cheese spread.
6. Mix it well and let it cook for one minute.
7. Add macaroni, soy sauce and mix well.
8. Add salt to taste and chopped coriander,Mix well and let it cook for a few more seconds.
9. Serve Cheesy Capsicum Macaroni in the lunchbox sided with a crusty bread.
2. Nacho Corn Chaat – Lunch Box Recipe
1 cup Boiled Sweet Corns, 2 Tsp Tomato Salsa, 2 Tsp South West sauce, 2 Tsp Mayonnaise, 1/2 cup Chopped Onion, 3/4 Cup Chopped Tomatoes, 1 Cup Nacho Chips, 4 Tsp Lemon juice, 1/2 Tsp Oregano, 1/2 Tsp Red chilli flakes, 1/2 Tsp Chaat masala, 1/4 Tsp Salt or to taste
1. Boil Corns: Add corns into the pressure cooker. Add 1- 1/2 Cup of water. Close the lid of the cooker and bring to boil on high flame. Wait for 1 whistle to come.
2. Take a bowl, add boiled corns, onion, tomato and tomato salsa.
3. Add Mayonnaise and south west sauce.
4. Crush 1/2 cup of nacho chips and add to corns mixture. Add all spices. Mix well.
5. Add lemon juice and mix well again. Nacho Corn Chaat is ready to serve. Pack it in the lunch box.
P.S. Pack the remaining 1/2 cup of Nacho chips in the lunch box for munching at lunch time.
3. Besan French Toast – Lunch Box Recipe
4-5 whole wheat bread slices, 1 Onion finely chopped, 1 Tomato finely chopped, 2-3 Spring Onion, Coriander leaves finely chopped, 1/2 cup Gram flour (besan), 4 tsp Oil, Salt to taste
1. To begin making the Besan Bread Toast, take a big bowl, add besan, onion, tomato, green chilli, coriander leaves, season it with salt and enough water to make a semi thick batter.
2. Heat a pan on medium heat, brush it with oil.
3. Take a bread slice, dip it into the besan batter and place it on the heated pan to toast.
4. Apply a little oil on the sides to cook.
5. Once it is cooked at the bottom, flip over and cook the other side as well.
Serve the Besan Bread Toast in kids lunch box along with a few potato chips.
Hope the above recipes satisfy your child’s taste buds.
Check out more Parenting Tips here.